2019 Theme and Subjects
Consolidating our Knowledge
In 2019 we would like to devote a part of the conference to consolidating what we know. As Bo Sondergard said when I suggested that to him "there is no single point in time, our knowledge is always on the move". That's true, but I think it would be a good time to try to pull together, perhaps in literature reviews, what we know about:
- Annoyance and other effects on people
- Predicting background noise level
- Amplitude Modulation
- Modelling Source Noise
And, of course, what we don't know - so where the research energy should go next.
More about the influence of weather conditions on propagation to build on the work of our colleagues from Uppsala in Rotterdam.
As we did with Shadow Flicker previously we will consider papers on other non-acoustic impacts of wind turbine noise on people.
Otherwise, we still want general papers and here are a few areas where more work is required:
- Does background noise vary with seasons?
- How well does background noise mask turbine noise?
- Small turbines – they can be as much a problem as large.
- Cyclical Pitch Control. Can it help reduce AM or overall sound power?
- How do meteorological conditions affect propagation?
- More dose response tests on turbine audible noise to allow us to produce more robust regulations.
- More ways of reducing trailing edge noise.
And, of course any other subjects that are useful to further the knowledge of Wind Turbine Noise.
Latest tweets from @WindTurbineNois
- Two more discussion forums for #WTN2019. “Future Design of Low Noise Wind Turbines" moderated by Michaela Herr an… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 5 days ago
- Great set of papers in for #WTN2019. Lots of opportunity for discussion in forums arranged by topic for everyone to… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 2 weeks ago
- David Michaud from Health Canada whose major research project was too late to be considered for the WHO noise guide… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 1 month ago
- There's some more information on the #WTN2019 website about hotels and the St Anthony's festival which takes place… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 2 months ago