2019 Theme and Subjects
Consolidating our Knowledge
In 2019 we would like to devote a part of the conference to consolidating what we know. As Bo Sondergard said when I suggested that to him "there is no single point in time, our knowledge is always on the move". That's true, but I think it would be a good time to try to pull together, perhaps in literature reviews, what we know about:
- Annoyance and other effects on people
- Predicting background noise level
- Amplitude Modulation
- Modelling Source Noise
And, of course, what we don't know - so where the research energy should go next.
More about the influence of weather conditions on propagation to build on the work of our colleagues from Uppsala in Rotterdam.
As we did with Shadow Flicker previously we will consider papers on other non-acoustic impacts of wind turbine noise on people.
Otherwise, we still want general papers and here are a few areas where more work is required:
- Does background noise vary with seasons?
- How well does background noise mask turbine noise?
- Small turbines – they can be as much a problem as large.
- Cyclical Pitch Control. Can it help reduce AM or overall sound power?
- How do meteorological conditions affect propagation?
- More dose response tests on turbine audible noise to allow us to produce more robust regulations.
- More ways of reducing trailing edge noise.
And, of course any other subjects that are useful to further the knowledge of Wind Turbine Noise.
Latest tweets from @WindTurbineNois
- New information on #WTN2019 website including abstracts accepted and topics for the conference. Check it out at… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 3 weeks ago
- Time moves fast. I'm afraid there are only ten days left to submit your abstract for #WTN2019. If you are not on… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 1 month ago
- Only two months now to the abstract deadline on 12th January #WTN2019: If you still want ideas go to… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 3 months ago
- To Lisbon this week to progress #WTN2019 arrangements. Sign up for news at bit.ly/mailwtn 6 months ago