Wind Turbine Noise 2019
June 12-14, 2019
Eighth International Conference on Wind Turbine Noise will be held in Lisbon.
The conference will be held at the Altis Grand Hotel, Rua Castilho, 11 which is within walking distance of the popular areas of Baixa, Chiado and Bairro Alto. Our two main conference spaces are "Europa" and "Londres". There are plenty of hotels in the vicinity.
In answer to many people who felt that attendance at the conference took too much time out, the event this time will be for three full days instead of four.
If you want ideas for a paper here are a few areas where more work is required:
- Does background noise vary with seasons?
- How well does background noise mask turbine noise?
- Small turbines – they can be as much a problem as large.
- Cyclical Pitch Control. Can it help reduce AM or overall sound power?
- How do meteorological conditions affect propagation?
- More dose response tests on turbine audible noise to allow us to produce more robust regulations.
- More ways of reducing trailing edge noise.
And, of course any other subjects that are useful to further the knowledge of Wind Turbine Noise.
Latest tweets from @WindTurbineNois
- #WTN2019 in Lisbon June 2019. Now calling for papers. Abstracts by January 12th 2019. 1 month ago
- Next conference #WTN2019 in Lisbon. 12-14th June 2019 7 months ago
- @ioauk Dont think @ioauk should be promoting badly argued stories like this. Hammering in one nail exposes you to more than handdrier. 1 year ago in reply to WindTurbineNois
- #WTN2017. Pictures, conference report now on the website. #WTN2017 now finished - look for #WTN2019 in the next months. 1 year ago