Wind Turbine Noise 2021
May 18-21, 2021
e-Conference from Europe
Ninth International Conference on Wind Turbine Noise.
We have accepted 46 abstracts for the conference and you can download a list here.
Information about the conference can be found below and in the menu on the right.
As we enter 2021 we are increasing the pace towards this year's conference.
Don't think because its an e-conference it will be any less important that getting together physically.
Our highly successful e-conference on Drone noise (in collaboration with CIDB) in October, means we are ready to put everything into WTN2021 with renewed confidence. Quiet Drones wasn’t like other e-conferences you’ve been to. See what delegates said about it below.
WTN2021 will be organised in the same way. Participants were an integral part of the symposium process. Importantly the e-conference allows us to be more flexible regarding the types of papers and presentations we will accept. We know that many research organisations have not been able to progress their work at the rate they would want. Likewise, consultants' activities have been curtailed and they may have less knowledge to share. We will certainly accept abstracts and full papers and presentations as normal, but we also invite anyone who feels they have insufficient for a full paper to make a presentation about, for example, the progress of their research. We also invite people to propose areas for discussion, to organise a demonstration or a brainstorming. How about a competition to design the noisiest turbine?
More thoughts on the Themes and Ideas Page
If you want to do a different sort of presentation or paper, then please submit a proposal through the abstract system and describe what you intend instead of the text of your abstract. Alternatively you can contact us via the contact page or email us with your proposals.
What people said about Quiet Drones
Marion Burgess, Past President of International INCE, said of it “I would say that it is the first e-symposium or e-conference where I consider that I have actually ‘met’, and so may communicate with in the future, some that I did not know of before”.
Other comments were that
- “the web site was very clear and I used it a lot”
- “extremely interesting symposium. It was a complete success”
- “There were many great conversations over the days”.
Watch this space for more information. If you are not on the mailing list, sign up now.
In this section
Wind Turbine Noise 2021
Latest tweets from @WindTurbineNois
- @JonTofts Yes there are @Infrasaurus. Try Googling Vladimir Gavreau. 1 year ago in reply to JonTofts
- It’s a bright sunny Sunday morning in Lisbon with a cool breeze - like most days here. Rest of the organisers arriv… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 1 year ago
- #WTN2019 starts a week today in Lisbon. If you've not yet booked go to the website at bit.ly/WTN2019. 3… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 1 year ago
- The full programme and other conference timings for WTN2019 are available at the new page for delegates at bit.ly/WTNProg 1 year ago