Wind Turbine Noise 2015
2015 - Workshops and Programme notes
Day 1 11:00am
- Starts at 11:00am chaired by Geoff Leventhall who started these conferences in 2005 in Berlin.
- There is a theme paper by Jonathan Sims about propagation modelling with PE.
- Then the rest of the day will be about sound propagation.
- There are a range of posters in five groups covering source noise, including sound power measurement, noise at receivers with several posters dealing with windscreens and low frequency noise and infrasound.
- Frits van den Berg who has been giving papers since the first conference Berlin will introduce the posters over drinks.
Day 2 8:30 am
- Starts with David Michaud from Health Canada telling us more about their study on Wind Turbine Noise and Health, followed by more papers on health effects.
- The rest of the day is taken up with regulations, the receiving environment including a look at internal noise from Hideki Tachibana and finishing with tonal noise.
Evening: The First Workshop 5:00pm
- On Experience with the Implementation of IEC 61400-11 (Edition 3) run by Sylvia Broneske.
- After that a whisky tasting.
Day 3 8:30 am
- After a plenary opening on the aeroacoustic noise generation by Franck Bertagnolio of DTU we move into our only split sessions. The broad general themes are source noise in Hall 1 and receiver noise in Hall 2. If you are interested in how to do a slick presentation don’t miss Carlos Arce’s presentation at 9am in Hall 1 – if his performance at Malmo is going to be repeated. Meanwhile in Hall 2 we have a number of interesting proposals for monitoring noise and for separating turbine noise from background noise, followed by a session on infrasound and the second session on regulations.
Evening: The Second Workshop 5:30 pm
- On Measuring Modulation from Wind Turbines is run by Matthew Cand
- Followed by the conference dinner
Final Day 8:30am
- Deals exclusively with Amplitude Modulation opening with a plenary paper by Helge Madsen of DTU to set the scene.
- The rest of the day will provide a wide variety of explanations and analyses of AM from ground effects to a paper by Cheong, Stalnov and Joseph that’s not on the programme about Cyclostationary Analysis.
You can book your place now for our 2019 conference in Lisbon. Book for the conference »
Wind Turbine Noise 2015
Latest tweets from @WindTurbineNois
- Two more discussion forums for #WTN2019. “Future Design of Low Noise Wind Turbines" moderated by Michaela Herr an… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 5 days ago
- Great set of papers in for #WTN2019. Lots of opportunity for discussion in forums arranged by topic for everyone to… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 2 weeks ago
- David Michaud from Health Canada whose major research project was too late to be considered for the WHO noise guide… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 1 month ago
- There's some more information on the #WTN2019 website about hotels and the St Anthony's festival which takes place… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 2 months ago